Thursday, July 30, 2009

How did you move from Web Developer to Project Manager?

Do you have any suggestions on how I can make the transition?





a) I work really well with people. I've been called charismatic.


b) I'd like to move forward with my career. (I need a new challenge.)


b) I'm getting tired of being the lowest rung on the ladder.

How did you move from Web Developer to Project Manager?
A good step would be to join PMI (Project Management Institute). Then you can study to get the PMP certification (Project Management Professional). With this, you can start to apply for project management positions. Your web development skills will be very useful.





Start at http://www.pmi.org





Even as you study for the PMP exam, you can start to circulate your resume for the PM job.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment