Friday, July 31, 2009

How do I deal with a developer?

Several years ago, a sub developer bought a large land parcel next to my house. He dug a 15 ft deep (about 500ft long) drainage pond about 10 feet from my and my neighbor's property line, and only leaves a few inches of water in it. The problem is that it breeds alot of mosquitos, and the developer has not sold a single parcel in the past few years (he requires buyers to build ultra-luxury homes and sells lots for about five times his purchase price). The pond constantly runs, so pesticides aren't an option. What should I do? Town code says no one can excavate within 100ft of a neighbor's property line without the neighbor's permission. Can I use that to get the town to help me (ex. make him backfill the pond 100ft from my property)? The developer is very rude (hung up on me), so I don't think talking to him will help. Thanks alot.

How do I deal with a developer?
Call your mayor and local planning commission. It sounds like you have a case against the developer for a public nusiance since he isn't maintaining his drainage pond. If these avenues do not work out, sue the developer for a large amount of money, that might well get his attention. God Bless, Martha S.
Reply:You are on the right track! Getting information is the key. County agencies are usually overworked with environmental issues. You need to consult with the civil engineer who designed the plans for the developer- they usually will speak to you. The site plans (platting) are public information! Here why don't you go to this site, they are civil engineers and they answer questions over the internet:


http://www.giler.net/surveyors-engineers...





Good Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment