Friday, May 21, 2010

I bought a gold blonde color and the lady gave me a 10 developer...?

My hair got too light when I bleached my roots so I wanted to put the golden blonde over it.





The 10 developer hardly put any color on my hair, but I also have a 40. Does the higher number mean it will dye more or something? Can I use the color with the 40 devleoper?

I bought a gold blonde color and the lady gave me a 10 developer...?
no, 40 vol means it has a higher amount of peroxide in it, thus making your hair lighter. a 10 vol is for depositing color/darkening. the dye probably didn't work because your hair is damaged and can't grab color that well. try filling your hair with a protein filler/gloss, then dyeing your hair. that fills in the pourous hair, grabs the color, and holds the color longer.
Reply:10 vol. developer is used mainly for depositing color into the hair. 40 vol. is used for lightening the hair-color to its max, because it is very strong. My suggestion would be to first DO NOT use the 40 vol.! Go back and buy a 20 vol. developer. 20 vol. is good for depositing hair-color to achieve the best results and for covering grey.

state flower

No comments:

Post a Comment